Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walk for Autism

Today was the San Diego Walk for Autism. It was so great. There were so many people there and so many different booths ranging from insurance to therapies. We even saw a booth that is AYSO for special needs children. I am so excited for that because I've been really wanting to sign Cael up for soccer. But I knew that he not understand it enough to play on a rec team. I can't wait to hear from them about when the next season starts.
I want to thank everyone who helped us raise money for the walk. I am so glad that I was able to be a part of it and I know that I'll be doing this every year for a long time. Before the walk started they announced how much money had been raised so far for this year. $100,000.00 was raised and I'm sure that more people brought in pledges today, so the total will be even bigger. I am going to try to raise more money next year than I was able to raise this year. Cael's Crew raised $865 and next year my goal will be $1000.
Thanks again for everyone's love and support.

I forgot to take my camera down there, so we just used Adam's phone for pictures. If I ever figure out how to transfer those pictures, than I'll add them to this post.

Here are pictures that I took once we got home from the walk. I didn't take any pictures of myself. But here are my boys. All three of them.









































2 comments:

nana said...

Bet it was wonderful. Have I told you lately how proud I am of you, Beki? I sure do miss you all. Give hugs and kisses to the boys from me. Love you Turners.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Your such a great Mom! Good luck with his soccer season!