Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Surfer's Healing

Cael went surfing for the very first time today. It was with Surfer's Healing, an organization for children with autism. It was so awesome. Everyone there was so nice and it was wonderful when any kid would surf in all the people on shore would cheer for them.

Cael didn't really like it. I can't figure out if he was scared or if he was really cold. He was ready to leave after he was done surfing. I thought that he'd want to play in the surf a little more. I will definately be signing Cael up again next year and I think that I'll volunteer to help once too.
















Cael on the way down to the beach.

















Going out for his first ride.




























































































Cael clinging to me when he was finished surfing. I bet you can't tell that he was ready to leave.

















All of us.

















Cael on the ride home. His eyes were so red. No likey salt water in the eyes. We bought him that cute surfer's healing shirt.

1 comment:

nana said...

Just looks so totally awesome. So nice of the folks that put that on. Wonder if he'll like it better next year. Does he want to watch the video?