Sunday, February 1, 2009

On Cloud Number 9

I am on cloud number 9.

I was trying to fall asleep for a little nap on the couch before the Super Bowl started. Cael came up and started cuddling with me. I love cuddling, so I made room for him. Whenever we lay down together, Cael always makes snoring noises. So I copied him. Than he said, "Baby my don't cry". I looked at him for a second and than it hit me. He was singing me to sleep. I will sing Baby Mine from Dumbo sometimes when I am laying with him. I don't know all the words so I only sing the first verse over and over because I love it. My heart melted. I almost cried. Cael is talking more and more, but he still doesn't talk that much.

Motherhood. This is what makes it worthwhile.

I'll try to get him to do it on camera, but don't hold your breathe. Cael does everything when he wants to and not a second sooner.



Here are the lyrics, if you don't know what song I'm talking about.

Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine

Little one when you play
Don't you mind what they say
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear, baby of mine

If they knew sweet little you
They'd end up loving you too
All those same people who scold you
What they'd give just for
The right to hold you

From your head to your toes
You're so sweet, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Cute as can be, baby of mine

1 comment:

nana said...

Awww... so sweet. That is really very sweet.