Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To Stitch or Not To Stitch

Cael decided that he wanted a scar on the back of his head like his brother. He slipped off of Grampy's recliner and hit his head on a side table. I was trying to decide if he needed stitches or not. It stopped bleeding within a couple of minutes, so I figured that stitches would probably be more tramatic than a scar. It looks a lot better now. Did I do the right thing?

These pictures were taken one hour after it happened.











































Here is what his cut looks like on Thursday. I think it looks really good. I don't think the scar will be very big at all.















5 comments:

Letti said...

This is a hard one because there have been times that I said the same thing and I regretted it. So now I just take them in and maybe they can use the glue. Especially since his hair is kept short it will be more noticeable. CHloe cut the top of her head and everyone told me not to take her in because it had stopped bleeding and it would be covered by her hair. But now she has a big bald spot. Now I can't part her hair a certain way because it will show. Hers stopped bleeding right away too, let me know what you end up doing.

Beki said...

I didn't end up going anything.

Beki said...

I didn't end up doing anything.

Anna said...

I got a similar cut on the back of my head when I was about 13 and I don't recall getting stitches. But I'm a girl so my long hair covers any scar that might be there, and I'm not aware of any bald spots from it. My cut must have been pretty small. Cael's looks like a pretty wide cut though. Stitches might not be a bad idea. Is there a time limit on these things? Is it too late to stitch?

nana said...

I think you are right about the trauma thing with Cael. Anyhow, as you know, I'm the Mom that took stitches out that looked ugly and used butterfly's instead. Now... what do you think?