Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Cael's first day of preschool. His teacher is Ms. Patty. He goes from 11:30-2:30. First off let me say that no way is my baby old enough to go to school. I know he is, but I think today was harder on me than him.















Going to the car to go to school.















I tried to get him to hold this paper, so that we'd remember him exactly right for his first day of school ever. He wouldn't hold it, so I held it while we on the way to school.















Here is a picture of his classroom. Ms. Patty is in the red shirt and Ms. Liz in the white shirt. There are 5 kids in his class. I love those odds. Adam and I left right after I took this picture and we were no more than 20 feet from the door when Ms. Liz came out and told us that Cael wasn't crying anymore. Yay. He likes school.















This is him walking out with Ms. Liz coming to meet us. He is on the far side of her. He looks so cute and grown up with his backpack on.















Hugging Daddy while we were talking to his teachers.















All tuckered out after his long day. And yes he is asleep here. He sleeps with his eyes open a little just like his Daddy.



I am so thankful that today went so well. I know that he is going to do so good in school. He will learn so much and the structure will really help him catch up. Thanks to everyone for praying for us and reassuring me that it was going to be a good day.

I love you Cael.

1 comment:

nana said...

Wow, what a big boy! I'm so glad the day went well. Hope the bus ride today went just as well. You've got great guts, daughter. I think you have done a wonderful job with those two munchkins!