Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sorry all but this is going to be a poop post

Today was an awesome day for Cael.

A little background Cael has been pee trained since October 2008. But whenever he needs to poop he asks for a diaper. He hates to sit on the toilet and push. I didn't really care about it because I knew that it would take some time.

So the week of Mother's Day Cael smeared poop all over the bedroom door THREE days that week. He seemed to be doing it every other day. I was at wits end. We needed to start really working on getting him to poop in the toilet. So I started sitting with him, bribing him to poop. If he pooped on the toilet he got a movie, or a red (a slurpie for Target), or a purple (berry smoothie from Costco), or ice cream, or a ride in the car. Whatever he was interested in that day. We would sit in the bathroom for a half an hour at a time if that was how long it took. He starting really getting it around the 17th of the month. I was so proud of him. He wasn't telling me he had to go, I was just making him sit on the toilet every night before bed or when I saw him in his, I need to poop stance. He was doing it. He was getting it.

So today while I was working outside. Grammy was watching the boys. I came inside to get a hammer. She asked me if I'd seen Cael go outside. I hadn't so I went upstairs looking for him. He is often found upstairs taking a bath when we can't find him downstairs. So my first place to look was the master bathroom. I go in there, but I didn't hear the water running. I turn the corner to see Cael sitting on the toilet. So I ask him, did you go poo-poo Cael? Yay, I poop is his response. He had already flushed, so I didn't see it. But I did have to wipe his butt, so I know he did it. ALL BY HIMSELF!!! Yay Cael. He figured it out. He didn't need me to brib him anymore. I couldn't be more proud. I was hoping that he would be completely potty trained by his birthday. His birthday is next Tuesday.

Can I just say that days like this make the difficult days totally worth it. I can do it. We can do it. All is good.

2 comments:

nana said...

That is super exciting, Yay Cael! So happy for you Beki, you are awesome and amazing yourself.

kaydensgracedesigns said...

YAY! Go Cael. Beki you are an amazing Momma! YAY FOR POOP IN THE POTTY!