Friday, August 15, 2008

God Saw He Was Getting Tired

Today was the viewing for Ralph. I was really sad to see his body lying there, but I know that he is in a better place. It just makes me so thankful for all of the time that I have been given with all of those that I love.
I love you guys.

Here is a cool poem that was passed out with his picture next to it.

God Saw He Was Getting Tired

God saw he was getting tired
And a cure was not to be,
So he put His arms around him
And whispered, "Come with me."
With tearful eyes we watched him suffer,
And saw him fade away;
Although we loved him dearly
We could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands to rest;
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the Best!

You will be missed Papaw.

2 comments:

nana said...

Really beautiful poem. I know the family will miss him, but as you said, he is in a better place. Love you Turners

Jill said...

Sweet poem. We are so glad to have you too and thankful for our special family. Families are Forever!